Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Providing insurance for your locally employed people including journalists, producers, location staff, photographers, sound engineers, fixers and stringers anywhere in the world. In creating our specialist policy we worked with a number of major Federations such as the ACOS Alliance and the IPI. Our goal is to help you provide insurance cover at attractive rates for your local employees, with a simple and efficient process.

We’ve attempted to cover as many of the key questions about Local Media cover below, but if you don’t find the answer you need then just drop us a line.

Am I eligible to arrange cover with™ ?
You'll need to register with us first, once you have been approved, you can purchase insurance for the local people you employ from just $8.25 a day.
How do I register with™
Click on the 'Register Now!' link on our home page.
We have a few questions for you to answer. Once approved we will email you details of how to insure your locally employed people.
What cover does a policy with provide?
It's $100,000 accidental death insurance plus accident medical expenses cover including recovery from the point of an incident to an appropriate care facility and transfer and repatriation home when necessary up to $100,000 for just $8.25 per day*

* subject to policy conditions.
Full policy details are available as a download from our website.

Does an™ policy cover an employee covering War and Terrorism?
Yes, as long as the member is not actively participating in war or terrorism. The full terms and conditions are available as a download from our website.
Does an™ policy cover Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
This Insurance does not cover any claim in any way caused by or resulting from:
a) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
b) Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
c) any mutation or variation of SARS-CoV-2
d) any fear or threat of a), b) or c) above
What if I am not traveling to a hostile country? Do I still need™ ?
Yes, we recommend that under a duty of care responsibility an employer should insure their employees regardless of where they are working.
What Medical Expenses does my™ policy provide?
Full details of the cover provided by your policy can be downloaded from our website and will be emailed to you once you have been approved as a Local Media Organisation
View our downloadable PDF
How do I make a claim?
If an insured employee is injured in an accident, then you must immediately contact our claims assistance company, INTANA GLOBAL on +44(0) 207 902 7405, they are available 24/7 quoting scheme reference INSURANCE FOR LOCAL MEDIA

In the downloads section on our website you can find all the information about what do in the event of a claim.

Useful Downloads
Do you have a Facebook account?
Please take a moment find us on Facebook we share news, views and relevant articles on Facebook.
Follow us on Facebook
Are you active on Twitter?
Please take a moment find us on Twitter. we want to reach as many Freelance journalists as possible as we are often told that they didn't know that low cost, short term insurance cover is available to them so please follow us and share updates you think are relevant.
Follow us on Twitter

Ask us a question…

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

 Our Partners

insurance for media people and providers